Image Loading...

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Cleanup, Isle 5 & Splinter in the Eye

So we waited around half the day for the cleanup crew to arrive but they finally did. They worked for a couple hours shovling up all the dirt. They even brought in a front-end loader to cart it all off. Then they washed the street down with a huge tanker/sprayer. It looks great out there now.

Cam really liked watching the loader and tanker truck. One of the construction crew even let him use his push broom. It was very cute.

I got some work done on the gazebo yesterday with Doug's help. We got the roof framed up and started putting the first row of slats on. Then I got a HUGE piece of sawdust in my eye and that pretty much finished me off for the night. Ouch!

I know, "big baby", you're saying. It's surprising how delicate eyes are! Usually I can just wash out my eye under the tap and everything's fine but not this time... Oh no, not this time...

I tried dunking my head in a bowl of water and rolling my eye around. Didn't work.

So, I ended up going to the drug store to get an eyewash kit. Tip for you all: buy one of these and keep it in the medicine cabinet. This worked like a champ. It's basically a bottle of saline and an little plastic eye cup. Fill up the cup with the solution and press it up to you eye. Tip your head back and flush out your eye. I did this 3-4 times and wow, that's much better. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home